One of the most popular home improvement projects is bathroom remodeling. A remodeled bathroom will surely provide increased satisfaction, and it is among the home improvements with the highest return on investment.
Here are three things every homeowner should consider before remodeling a bathroom.
First of all, you must have a budget in mind before you take on any renovation project. For now, while you brainstorm your needs, don’t think about your budget. We’ll get to that part shortly. Let your imagination run wild to create your initial wishlist. From there, you can prioritize your needs and find solutions that fit your budget.
There are many homeowners who choose to remodel their bathroom, the most popular reason being that people simply want a functional yet more inviting bathroom, where they relax after a long day’s hard work. Older homes tend to have smaller bathrooms with less space for storage and privacy.
Answer these important questions to clearly identify your needs:
- How many people use this bathroom regularly? If you’re dreaming of a new master bathroom, is it easy for two people to get ready for the day at the same time?
- Is this your forever home? Or are you aiming to increase the value before putting it on the market?
- Do you enjoy taking baths or prefer to have only a shower?
- Is there plenty of surface or countertop space?
- Is there adequate storage for linens and beauty items?
- Do you prefer privacy between the shower/toilet and vanity areas?
- How easy is your current bathroom to clean? Do you struggle to clean your tile and grout?
- What energy-efficient or water-saving features are you interested in adding?
- Do you have enough electrical outlets? Are electrical outlets and light switches conveniently located?
Finding the answers to these questions will help companies like CT Construction determine the best layout and design for your new and improved bathroom.
Since a bathroom is a place where so much time is spent, it makes sense to have one that has a soothing, spa-like atmosphere. If your current bathroom looks better with the door closed, it might be time for an update. Bathrooms come in all shapes, sizes, and styles and there are plenty of new trends on the market. Identifying your unique style will determine how much work needs to be done and ultimately impact your budget.
To find the ideal style for you, answer these types of questions:
- What is the style of the rest of your home? Do you like specific styles such as Traditional, Modern, or other?
- What would your ideal bathroom look like? Would it have a contemporary feel? Or would it be more rustic or traditional?
- What colors do you envision in your bathroom? Do you prefer traditional white or bold colors and rich wood finishes?
- What style of tile do you prefer? Subway, ceramic, wood-look?
Now it’s time to really pin down a number for your budget. Make sure you have a figure that you feel comfortable spending. It’s also important to develop an ideal timeline for the project. Based on your needs and your style, you may only want to make simple, cosmetic updates to your space such as updating the fixtures and repainting the walls.
The experts at CT Construction are dedicated to partnering with our clients to match their budgets, desires, and goals as closely as possible. CT Construction has the knowledge and experience to work with you to match your style and personality to create a bathroom retreat that is functional, energy efficient and also adds property value to your home. It doesn’t matter if you need cosmetic updates or want to create an exquisite spa like retreat, we are here to help.
Remodeling your bathroom is a great way to enhance the livability of your home and also create long lasting value. If you’re ready to discuss the exciting options for your upcoming remodeling project, contact CT Construction and get your free consultation today.